It's true the way I feel was promised by your face. The sound of your voice painted on my memories. Even if you're not with me, I'm with you."--Linkin Park, With You
"I have a vewy good fwiend in Wome called Biggus Dickus."--Pontius Pilate, Monty Python's The Life of Brian
and now for something completely different!
a man with a tape recorder up his brother's nose!
No no better yet--Let us ride to.....CAMELOT!
It's only a model. Sshh.
Hee. Sorry about the momentary insanity. If not for my friends, that insanity would be hellishly worse, trust me. Even though we started talking online (for the most part), I feel as close to them as I would if they were in the same room with me. :)
For my Fwiends
meet my fwiends!
He's a Communist I tell you!!!!! The story of Pinko: his handle on the Resort talker is MrPink, taken from a character in Quentin Tarantino's Reservoir Dogs. After we started talking, I started greeting him as Pinko and he didn't seem to mind so it has stuck *lol*. Communism is just a red herring *giggle*. According to him, we got to talking about history..or World War Two or something in a main room *grin*. And I have a tendency to stick like glue to anyone I can have conversations like that with. MrPink is not only my best friend but he is also the love of my life. He flew in for the first visit over the weekend of my birthday and the beauty began then. In March, we shared his vacation together. *sigh* I love him so very very very much and although the distance is tough sometimes, I always take comfort in two things: 1) just the simple knowledge that he loves me and 2) we will be together on a more permanent basis some day. NOTE: January 25, 2004 was my 31st birthday and our 1st anniversary! :)
Do you find it wisible....when I mention my fwiend.....Biggus *snicker* Dickus? *snicker snicker*
Other Friends Who Are Very Important to Me
- <My Festival Friends. These are the friends I've made working for the Spoutwood Farm May Day Fairie Festival. I cherish each and every one of them so very very much.
- Harrier the starving art-eest. We have lots in common--fondness for bir-dees and military aircraft and ships and stuff. I am quite proud of him though. When he came to visit this summer, he got the Gettysburg Know-It-All and SURVIVED :) Of course he did have that deer-caught-in-headlights look *giggle*. PLUS we had the ultimiate geek-out summer 2003: we went to the Westfield International Airshow for a day and got to watch the Blue Angels together! Love ya, Roman Dude *grin*.
- Maria and I met on a bus trip to South Mountain and Antietam. I was with my dad on that trip and I noticed her sitting by herself with her nose buried in the book. She insists that she was reading about Custer, while I insist that I saw her reading a book about George Pickett. Actually, Custer makes more sense but I am still convinced the book had Pickett on the cover. Anyway I moved over and sat with her and we started talking. I knew we clicked well when we started loudly quoting the film 'Gettysburg' loud enough that the whole bus could hear us *LOL*. Anyway, I learned a lot about the workings of the Park Service by observing her experiences. I am glad we reconnected. Talking to her was the shot in the arm I so needed. Currently Maria is working at Antietam National Battlefield in a permanent law enforcement capacity (the two year work portion of the Intake Program).
- Ben is no longer a lost best friend. Life has changed for him for the much better--he is madly in love with his ladyfair and I've already told him that if she hurts him again, I'll rip her throat out (ok not literally but I am very protective of him). He's livin large in Glens Falls NY and cookin at Applebees :)
- Derek and I just started talking to each other on Resort rather recently but already we've connected. With my unemployment, he and I have gotten mucho chances to talk during the day while he's at work. He's muscular, quite intelligent, and is a cutiepie to boot. Now I am hoping to get him down here from NYC for a visit and see if he survives the Gettysburg knowitall *GRIN*.
- Martin, my Tennessee sweetie. Adorable guy, him and as big a WWE fan as I am, if not even more so. I haven't seen him in a very long time, and that I regret. But I know he's here when I need him (if I could just get a chance to talk to him *giggle*).
- Grimace Grimace made my graduation weekend that much more special. He journeyed the whole way from southern Ohio pretty much on a last minute whim to share in the most triumphant moment with me. His presence made the day that much better. Grimmy you know I wish you the best--lots of happiness and stuff. I wish you and your ladyfair a lifetime of happiness.